Re: Digest Number 1272

Subject: Re: Digest Number 1272
From: grantfinlay <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:43:26 +1300
Walt,
  Yes  i understand that the k6 is not all that small but i was refering
to the fact that
with the mke2 attached it is still smaller than the me66, thats all. I
was just offering alternatives to the ecm55 set up if that was a
direction john wanted to take.

Grant.

On Sunday, February 22, 2004, at 08:09  PM, Walter Knapp wrote:

> >=A0=A0=A0 From: grantfinlay <>
> > Subject: Re: non-professional setup
> >
> > Ahhh, yes it is a LOT smaller.
> > in fact it's only about 5mm longer than the k-6 on it's own. it has a
> > "collar" that screws onto the k-6 and the battery compartment is
> > encased inside this.
> > (hard to explain without pictures but if you have a me66 / k6=A0 you
> will
> > understand what i mean)
>
> Just a bare K-6 by itself is already 20mm longer than a MKH20. So, it's
> not all that small due to the K-6 alone before you add anything.
>
> For that size you could carry a Sony ECM-MS957 and not be much
> different. That matches the minidisc, no oddball plug matching. Or go
> even smaller at some noise hit with the ECM-MS907.
>
> Walt

Grant Finlay
Hm:++64 9 5256465
Mb: ++64 274 943997
Based in Auckland, New Zealand.
http://www.ultrasound.orcon.net.nz
Location Sound Recording for Film,TV & Music.