visually impaired nature recordists?

Subject: visually impaired nature recordists?
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 10:15:29 -0500
Hello All:

I last week I received by email these questions, and pass them along for
any and all responses; I have been too busy to write anything yet:

Dear Mr. Michener:
Here are my questions:

1. What kind of equipment should a birder use to get quality recordings?

2. What are the benefits of recording bird sounds?

3. What are some steps a birder can take toward being a professional nature
recordist?

Thanks so much for helping me with this piece; I may send follow-up
questions later.

The audience will mainly be novice birders who are visually impaired. Would
you consider just a brief answer to each question for this specific group?
I just want them to see that doing what you do is possible for them, too.
Maybe you could mention that there are visually impaired nature
recordists--if you know of any. A few sentences would work, geared to this
audience, but if you think that type of answer is somewhere in the
archives, I'll look.
Thanks,

Chrissy Laws

I am a bit stumped, other than my suggestion that the questioner prowl
through naturerecordists archives . . .

Have a terrific Christmas, everyone,

Marty Michener
Hollis, NH    http://www.EnjoyBirds.com/HomePublishing/PubHome.htm