Re: computer grade DAT tapes

Subject: Re: computer grade DAT tapes
From: Aaron Ximm <>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:20:48 -0800 (PST)
> Do I risk any damage to my DAT recorders (Sony D10 and
> HHB PDR 1000), if I use computer grade DAT tapes?  Has
> anyone used them?  A short test seemed to show that

All I ever used. My understanding has been that data tapes were quality
checked to a *higher* standard than audio, as far as data integrity
goes...

...but that thinner tape could be used for large-capacity backup, which
was to be avoided.

I think if you stick with the equivalent of 60 or 90 minute tapes (or
maybe 120 minute...?) you should be fine...

 best,
  aaron

  http://www.quietamerican.org