Help with MD recorder selection....

Subject: Help with MD recorder selection....
From: David D=EDaz <>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 02:19:21 +0100 (CET)
Hello to all:

My name is David Diaz, and next year I=B4ll work in a
monitoringwith birds  in Amanzonian  Ecuador.

I=B4ll need to realize birds recordings, for which I am
looking for the most suitable recorder.

I am looking for a MD recorder (it is easier copy the
singings to a PC), that supports "hard" works in the
jungle, where the humidity is the most important
factor to this equipement.
I have been thinking in the Marrantz or the similar
one of HHB, but John Moore said to me that those ones
spending the batteries rapidly, and possibly, I will
not have access to electrical network to load it.
So I am looking for a portable MD with the following
characteristics:

1.-Resistant to high conditions of humidity.
2.-Manual control of gain recording
3.-Entry for microphone (Senheisser ME 66, " jack " or
XLR type, that isn=B4t important to me).

In the forum I read about several models of Sony, to
the Sharp, etc... but I=B4m not sure about which one is
the most convenient....

Could someone recommend a model ( with which it has
been used in similar conditions)? And some place (on
the web is perfect) to buy it...

Thanks a lot...
David

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
David Fco. D=EDaz Fernandez
Ornit=F3logo
e-mail:
Conoces el Colectivo Ornitol=F3gico Cig=FCe=F1a Negra?
Vis=EDtanos en http://cocn.tarifainfo.com

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versi=F3n GRATIS
Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y m=E1s...
http://messenger.yahoo.es