Cassowary calls

Subject: Cassowary calls
From: "Neville Recording" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:53:55 -0800
Rich Peetwrote:
They speak of calls of 18 hz.  I asked and didn't get a response on
if the grouse I recorded with a signature to 1/2 hz was accurate.
 The lowest I have in
voice recorded to date is the Great Gray Owl.

-----

I think the Great Gray is probably the lowest that I have recorded, althoug=
h the Bittern might come close.Did you know that the lowly Brown-headed cow=
bird gets down to 70 hz in its lowest register and over 11,000hz in the upp=
er register.(Roy Orbisdon, eat your heart out!)

John Neville
Salt Spring Island Canada