RE: A Few Autumn Recordings

Subject: RE: A Few Autumn Recordings
From: "Dominique Laloux" <>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:48:59 +0200
Hi Neville,

Thank you for your good comments !

The bird in the first recording is a Blue Tit (M=E9sange bleue in French
-- Parus caeruleus). Tits (Blue Tit, Great Tit, Crested Tit...) have
become very common in the region. I would not be surprised if they were
now more numerous than the House Sparrows. Last May, I had the
opportunity to observe Blue Tits coming in and out of a nest located in
a small cavity of the building I work in. Once, I was able to observe
them through the window at less than 30 cm !=20

I am not sure how close the Black-capped Chickadee and the Tit family
are related, but they certainly look very similar. There must be some
relation.

On the other recordings,there were also Wrens (Troglodytes troglodytes),
one of the smallest birds in Belgium with its 8 to 13 grams ! Some Great
Tits, a Nuthatch, some Tree Creepers and, one of my favorite birds, the
Blackbird.

Thanks again,

Dominique