Cool Edit 2000 and Adobe Audition

Subject: Cool Edit 2000 and Adobe Audition
From: Meena Haribal <>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:21:21 -0400

Hello all,

I just thought I will let everyone know that  the Software Cool Edit 2000
is no longer available, as Syntrellium has been bought by Adobe.  I just
happen to be lucky to buy it just before they changed hand at $  69.00 last
week. Now Adobe has modified this version as Adobe Audition and sells it at
$ 299.00. Those who already have Cool edit pro can just upgrade to Adobe
Audition free of charge I think. Those who have Cool edit 2000 can upgrade
it to Audobe Audition for $ 99.00.

I don't know how different is Adobe Audition and what is the advantage of
this over Cool Edit 2000. If anyone tries Adobe Audition let us know.

Meena