update - Sound Devices and MS monitoring

Subject: update - Sound Devices and MS monitoring
From: Steven Naylor <>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 01:16:35 -0300
  A while ago, in the wake of the termination of production of Sound
Devices MP-2, there was some speculation on the list that perhaps
their MixPre used the same circuit board, and could be readily
modified to enable MS monitoring.

Curious, I contacted Sound Devices about this, and Jon's reply was:

>The MP-2 and MixPre are unique circuit boards with unique component
>placements. While much of them is indeed identical, including power
>supply and overall gain stages, the sections that you would like to
>migrate between are uncommon.

So I guess those who want MS monitoring from our MixPre will still
have to use additional boxes....

SN
--

Steven Naylor