Re: Re: Totally off-topic: new photo page

Subject: Re: Re: Totally off-topic: new photo page
From: Doug Von Gausig <>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:22:21 -0700
At 12:03 PM 8/14/2003, you wrote:
>Doug,
>
>Very nice pics.  My wife and I are particularily fond of humingbirds
>(we have a busy feeder hanging just outside our family room window).
>
>Would you mind sharing with us some info regarding your camera
>equipment, as you have your recording gear? (Or did I miss this on
>your website!)
>
>Bill Mueller

No, you didn't miss it, I just haven't put that up yet. I'm using a Canon
10D digital SLR with a Canon 100-400mm image-stabilized lens, generally
hand-held and with available light. The hummers were shot at 1/2000 to
1/4000 sec. at ASA ratings of 800 and 1600.

I have to say that I've been a 35mm SLR user since I bought my first
Minolta SR-1 in 1960, and this camera just blows me away. It has done for
photography what the new digital recorders have done for recording. The
creative latitude and capabilities with this one far exceed any other
camera I've used. The print quality up to 20"x30" or so is excellent!

If you have specific question, write to me off-list and I'll be happy to
share with you.

Doug
Doug Von Gausig
Clarkdale, Arizona, USA