new on the block; mic design question

Subject: new on the block; mic design question
From: "aalst001" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:59:34 -0000
 Hi all,
  The groupmaster told me I should present myself
  before this audience.

  I am not so much in natural sounds, as I am in
  underwater sound.
  Why ? try www.subcommittee.com for an answer.
  sorry in advance for all frogs scared off by me ;-)

  I have benefitted from the discussions on hydrophones.
  Did you guys know there is a new design out ?
  look at http://users.tpg.com.au/users/adsl9dhg/hydrophones.html
=20
  I have a first question on the subject of microphones :
  Did anybody ever come across/design a mic based on
  sensing displacements with a magnet and a hall effect
  transistor ?

  Regards,
  Ronald van Aalst