Wattled Jacana, Common Gallinule, and Purple Gallinule

Subject: Wattled Jacana, Common Gallinule, and Purple Gallinule
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:38:57 EDT
Dear All,

We will be publishing the audio Birds of Southwest Ecuador this year. Earli=
er
this year 3 of us made a recording trip concentrating on the pond and marsh=

areas in central and south western Ecuador. It was a very successful trip a=
nd
we were able to make many hours of recordings. However, I am still not
comfortable with some of the recordings we have of Wattled Jacana, Common G=
allinule,
and Purple Gallinule. Is there someone who can help us 100% identify a few=

questionable cuts we have of these species? Ben Hasse helped immensely with=

several of the shore birds, but I am still somewhat uncomfortable with the =
above 3
species.

All help will be greatly appreciated and credit will be given in the bookle=
t.

Please contact me directly if there are some willing experts out there.

My best,

John

John V. Moore Nature Recordings