Re: Sony MDS-PC3 and SB Live 5.1

Subject: Re: Sony MDS-PC3 and SB Live 5.1
From: "evertveldhuis" <>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 20:31:03 -0000
--- In  "tripleoh18"
<> wrote:
> Hello folks,
> I am delurking to ask a novice question.  I have just acquired a
> PC3 minidisc unit and would like some advice regarding hooking
> this up to my sound card.  I have a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 which
> has some digital I/O capability. (Ok, here is were I start revealing
> my ignorance).
>
> Is it possible to transfer data between my computer/SBLive and
> the PC3 digitally?   Do I need additionaly hardware (and, if so,
> where can it be found)?
>
> Thanks all!

Hi 'tripleoh18'

Strange name you got :)

You can use the optical out of the Sony MD and connect it to the
digital in of your Soundblaster...
But since your Soundblaster probably came without an optical input
you have to get 1 tiny little bit of hardware, the Hoontech SBIII.

See this page :
http://www.hoontech.com/english/products/sbdb3/index.html

This little add-on really works!

You might also order 1 or 2 optical cables.
Hoontech Holland sold them to me for free (cause their order was 2
weeks late ; THAT is great service)

Regards, Evert