RE: Bernie's Tree Recording Posted

Subject: RE: Bernie's Tree Recording Posted
From: David Leveille <>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:01:44 +0100
Anyone interested in hearing a radio interview/segment about bioacoustician
Bernie Krause? It will air today (7-2-2003) on The World, the BBC/Public
Radio International/WGBH  show that airs on public radio stations
nationally.

In the segment, Bernie talks about the ideas in his book Wild Soundscapes:
Discovering the Voice of the Natural World.

I'm sure many of you in this group are familiar with his work. If not,
here's a chance to hear him describe his mission, his pioneering work in
sound recording, and to hear samples (including the Borneo rainforest, the
Amazon jaguar, singing carpenter ants, black bears, and the cloud forests of
Costa Rica)  of his work, albeit in mono.

All the best,