Re: Re: Digital Distortion / Meters

Subject: Re: Re: Digital Distortion / Meters
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:07:07 -0400
Klas Strandberg wrote:
> Analog meters also read after the micamp. If the signal is too strong at the
> input, the meters are helpless.

This is where we fall back to listening. Amazing how many will use
cheap, low quality headphones in the field. I take my chances and use my
high quality ones. Overloads are always obvious if you have the original
call right there to listen to.

Meters are a aid, a important one, but we still make the decisions.