Making MP3 files

Subject: Making MP3 files
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:11:33 +0200
Hi folks!

As everybody know by now, the digital area is not what I know best.

I have been trying to get the "best compromise" between filesize and
"subjective listening quality" when converting .wav to .MP3.

I found that if my old 48k files are converted into 44.1 files, then peak
level set to -12 or less - I could make reasonably good MP3 files at 56 kbp=
and 22.050

Does MP3 conversion work better with 44.1k sampling rate than 48k? Or is it
my own software making trouble?

Does it make sense to you "digitknowers" that one must lower the peak outpu=
to -12 db or less?

Klas.

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.