Re: Crossed shotgun stereo rig

Subject: Re: Crossed shotgun stereo rig
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 15:46:26 -0400
Klas Strandberg wrote:
> Walt, I guess it has no meaning for anybody, but a copy of your last (below)
> mail came to me with a virus (W32.Bugbear) attachment. Norton took it.
>
> This is the first time I have got virus from this list.

I think someone on the list has the virus, as I'm mac it's not me. The
virus has no chance of running on the mac. And, of course I did not send
a attachment. That's a clue as well as the yahoo groups server would
have stripped off the attachment.

In the last little bit I've received several that were titled as from
Nature Recordists, but were not. Some were complete messages, others
were just fragments. I don't know if that's what you got. Have you
checked the full header of the message to see who actually sent it. That
too can be spoofed, but not as easily.

If anyone is on spedlog.com, check your computer, that's the source of
one of them. Another, which had a from that was lang's email address was
from someone on attbi.com. This was the classic virus mail about a new
game to try. Lang also uses macs, so I assume it's not him.

Everybody using windows check your computer. Last fall I had someone's
computer in the Washington DC area that kept spoofing my email for three
months. I hope this one does not take so long for the person to notice.
That computer was pouring false emails onto the internet every time the
person was on line. If you seem to have more than usual activity from
your computer when online, check carefully.