Starlings

Subject: Starlings
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 21:55:44 -0700
These are 2 recordings I have made from our yearly visit of Starlings to
our house, the first recording was made on May 5th  3 days after the
birth, and the second recording was made today, May 10th, listen to the
different pitches in vocalizations as the young get older, you hear them
quiet until Mom comes in with a worm,
 I will post another in a couple of days, I find it fascinating, when
the birds finally flit their nest I will record Mom & Dad putting their
legs up and enjoying a cup of tea!!

May 5th 2003

http://www.naturesound.org/Sound%20Files/Baby%20Starlings%20May%205th%20
2003.mp3

May 10th 2003

http://www.naturesound.org/Sound%20Files/Baby%20Starlings%20May%2010th%2
02003.mp3

Recorded on MDP500 Portadisk with Telinga Science at a distance of
around 25ft

Martyn