Re: Re: I need a duck expert

Subject: Re: Re: I need a duck expert
From: "M, J, & V Phinney" <>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:44:18 -0700
Obviously we're listening to (and identifying) different birds. There is
quite a medley in that sample. I listened closely and believe I heard the
following species (in approximate order of 'appearance'): Common Grackle,
American Robin, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Mourning Dove, Tree Swallow, Song
Sparrow, American Crow. The only real song is that of the sparrow. Martyn's
edited version isolates the sparrow to some degree, but the cut still
includes what I am calling the robin's vocalisation near the end. I did hea=
one waterbird near the end of the original sample (with the bubbling water)
but it sounded more like the noise a coot makes...or possibly a ruddy duck.
It was well masked by other more prominent sounds.

Mark Phinney