Re: Quietest Mic

Subject: Re: Quietest Mic
From: "evertveldhuis" <>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:23:10 -0000
Assuming you want a good quality mic, this might be one to dream
about...

Br=FCel & Kj=E6r 4040 (Current name of B&K : DPA)
Studio condenser mic with both tube and transistorized operation. It
has a -10dB and - 20 dB pad. All in all it's a remarkable microphone.
I strongly recommend to sit down before you read the price.

Polar Pattern Omni=20=20
Sensitivity 90 mV/Pa
Equivalent Noise (A-Weighted/Tube) 10 dB
Equivalent Noise (A-Weighted/Transistor) 7 dB
Max. Sound Pressure Level 144 dB
THD at 120 dB SPL Peak < 0.5 %
Dimensions 24 =D8 x 225 mm
Weight 0.330 kg

Price: about DM 14300.- (Fourteen thousand and three hundred Deutsche
Marks, equals to about 14.000 US dollars, give or take a few...)

Regards Evert - who thinks such a mic is a waste if you don't have a
good pre, rec and the SKILLS to record things...

--- In  "Charles Deenen (home)"
<> wrote:

> What have people found to be the quietest Mic / Pre combo ?  (i.e.
Very lo