Re: software for bird sonograms?

Subject: Re: software for bird sonograms?
From: "Raimund Specht" <>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 08:42:06 -0000
Simply select "Spectral View" instead of "Waveform View" from the
"View" menu (in Cool Edit Pro LE, but I guess that it is similar in
the 2000 version).

You did not find the term "sonogram" because it is a trademark owned
exclusively by the inventor of the first "SonaGraph". Therefore,
other manufacturers must use a different term such as "spectrogram"
or "spectrographic view".

There is another free software for making spectrograms, that has
some advantages over the spectrogram capabilities of Cool Edit and
other programs. Avisoft-SASLab Light allows you to export the
spectrogram images by copy and paste or you may print them directly.
You will get the pure spectrogram figure without the buttons and
frames of the program (no need to remove theses things manually in
an graphics editor) and the axis labels are ready for publication.
It can be downloaded from:
www.avisoft-saslab.com/downloa_.htm (it is the first item, that also
includes the demo of SASLab Pro).

Cheers,