CoolEdit Spectro examples

Subject: CoolEdit Spectro examples
From: Doug Von Gausig <>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:17:21 -0700
The examples are at http://www.naturesongs.com/recordists/spectral1.pdf

In my original post a period got stuck at the end of the URL...

Doug
Doug Von Gausig
Clarkdale, Arizona, USA
Moderator
Nature Recordists e-mail group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naturerecordists

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:23:29 2005
Message: 12
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:07:52 -0000
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Subject: Re: Sound editing & sonogram software on PC

I keep mine at 96 db so that you see what the ambient noise really
is.  Where you set it, maybe or may not be what your mics can give an
indication of, but mine don't see 150 db. I try to match the display
at the min. base level of the mic so that they are matched with what
I hear.  I can then hear the wind at the same point that I see the
wind.  It sort of depends what you make sonograms for.  I use it only
as a visual judge of how good I did on any recording. Not what people
would visualize the sound best as.

Rich

--- In  Doug Von Gausig <>

<http://www.naturesongs.com/recordists/spectral1.pdf.>http://www.natur