Re: MKH110 - Thanks Walt

Subject: Re: MKH110 - Thanks Walt
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:25:09 -0500
jyoung1113  wrote:
> Walt,
>    A little while back, you may remember, I bought an MKH110 mic
> with no power supply, and no idea where to find one. You showed me
> your SASS/MKH110 web page with the schematics for the 110.
>    Well, I took that drawing to a fellow handy with a soldering iron
> and he built me a portable (with a 9v battery) power supply for it.
>    Thanks to you I am getting some very good great horned owl
> recordings with the mic. No humming or other noises so I guess we did
> it right.
>    There hasn't been much else in the way of birds to record this
> very long, cold winter in my area. So these terrific owls and the 110
> have helped me keep me entertained.
>    Thanks for helping me get the project going, spring is not far off
> now and I have a whole list of projects for the 110 and it's unique
> capabilities.(lots more owls out there).

Good to hear it's working well.

Message: 13
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:58:00 -0000
From: "bobbaub <>" <=

Subject: SASS (again)

Hi Group,

I'm planning on doing some mods to my SASS mic.  I have some ideas
laid out but cannot execute anything without a schemtic.  Can anyone
give me some direction as to where I can find one out here on the
net?  OR...Should I just rip this thing apart?

boB

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:23:23 2005
Message: 16