Mic for parabolic dish

Subject: Mic for parabolic dish
From: Jim Lee <>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:03:45 -0500
Has anybody had experience with the Rode NT4 stereo mic for nature
recording? The physical configuration seems ideal for fitting into a
parabolic dish.
http://www.rodemicrophones.com/NT4ComingSoon.htm

--
Jim Lee
http://www.bambooturtle.us/

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:23:20 2005
Message: 19
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:25:48 -0700
From: "Jim Morgan" <>
Subject: Re: sound wavelengh and parabola size

OK, I repeated the test using 11 different frequencies, 50, 60 70, 80, 200
400,
800, 1500, 3000, 6000 and 12000.

BUT I recorded with the low frequency mic filter off. The first test was
with it on and that is what reduced the low frequency gain. For those of yo=
not familiar with the Telinga it has a filter that reduces low frequency
noise and you can record with it off or on.

The gain on this second test was fairly even except for the 6000 Hz portion
which for some reason was a bit low.

So according to my test the frequency gain changes very little.

I know this is sort of a silly test but it was fun and gives me a little
better understanding of what my equipment is doing.

Jim