Re: Viruses

Subject: Re: Viruses
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:40:03 -0500
Wild Sanctuary wrote:
> We're with you, Walt. Our PCs are entirely dedicated to one software
> program (each). They are not networked with the Macs and are not
> connected in any way to the internet. Thus, we've been virus-free
> from the outset.

It's about the only way to do it with PCs and be truly safe. Macs, on
the other hand are safe even hooked to the internet. Only leaks into
Macs recently have been via Microsoft Office products and easily
avoided. Must be a pattern to that.

I checked today on OSX. The unix virus types cannot get into OSX so far.
And unix virus will probably never be very popular, the server you are
using to propagate them is probably unix. A truly nasty unix virus could
quickly take down the internet. Which is why the unix folks stay on top
of it.