RE: Cool Edit Problem

Subject: RE: Cool Edit Problem
From: "Barb Beck" <>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 10:24:42 -0700
Shaun,

When I input stuff - admittedly so far from cassette and not cd but same
stuff should apply, My regular view of Cool edit has some buttons in the
lower left hand corner of the screen that look like buttons on a CD player
(but it is not the show CD View).  I merely launch Cool Edit, then File->Ne=
and select the appropriate sampling etc - 44100, stereo, 16bit) then when I
am ready load the file I press the red record button in the group of button=
at the bottom left hand corner of the screen then press the play button on
my recorder.

What did your screen look like after you recorded it.  Were there any bumps
on the line.  If it is very low try to normalize the sound to amplify it.
Transform->Amplitude->Normalize.  Do you "see" your sound after that.  If s=
it might be that somehow your speakers are not properly connected to the
computer.  Put some earphones on the line-out of your card.  You might also
have the volume of your speakers set for much louder recordings.  There are
several ways the volume is controled (at least on this Windoze setup)

Hope this helps

Barb Beck
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada