RE: New to the group and radio interference

Subject: RE: New to the group and radio interference
From: "Monty Brigham" <>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:41:20 -0400
When I started recording in the 1970's I faced the same type of
sheilding problems. The multi-pin connector supplied by Nagra had one
wire crossed to bare wire causing a short and the microphone started
acting as an antennae and I picked up a radio frequency from a nearby
Radio tower. My sound engineer quickly spotted and corrected the
problem. Correct sheilding is vital.