Re: out of touch

Subject: Re: out of touch
From: Syd Curtis <>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:36:10 +1000
Barb Beck, in a PS to a recent posting, wrote:

>> I use an old black rotary dial phone and a
>> Walkman Pro cassette
>> recorder - so that means I am really out of touch.

Which stimulated Tony Baylis to weigh in with this reassurance:

> Using a old black rotary dial phone and a Walkman pro
> doesnt mean you are out touch, but that you are retro
> cool.

I agree.  Now if your phone was a wooden box on the wall, with a horn in
front into which you spoke, a hook on the side to hold the receiver when no=
in use, and a handle to turn on the other side to call the exchange ...
(Which was what I grew up with.)

BTW I was using a '60s model Uher open reel to record lyrebirds a couple of
weeks ago.  My rotary dial phone is cream, however.  Not really the same
feeling of antiquity as black.

Cheers

Syd