Re: mic placement question

Subject: Re: mic placement question
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:23:26 -0400
Rich Peet wrote:

> Expecting you not to shoot me in the foot.
>
> Look at this and tell me how high I should go if I wanted one but prefer a
> good deal.
> As can be checked the seller is a church and I expect his description is a
> accurate Christian.
> The serial number is 10,929.
> I am hoping you don't tell me I am already over the top.

You are working against a new price of $1450 or so, with the reporter's
kit. The reporter's kit is the case, extra disks, and mic. Without those
it's $1400 or so. Those are the current prices at Minidisco, there could
be cheaper ones somewhere.

I've not been looking on Ebay for them, but I'd not be surprised to find
that this was close to the first one to turn up there. Which means
there's no track record to price it. I did a history search and did not
turn up any more that had sold, but that does not go back but about a month.

I like to get things off Ebay at half price, and kind of work at that
level for what's a real good deal, but on things that are fought over
that I really want I'll go fairly close to new price if it's in new
condition. In this case I'm guessing probably 3/4 new price would be
doing good. Don't worry too much, if it's a good deal to you when it's
done, that's what counts. Just don't bid more than you can afford.

I usually will follow something and not bid at all until sometime in the
last minute. I don't like getting into bidding wars. I can usually rebid
in 20 seconds, so last minute for me is 30-40 seconds before the end.
Giving me one last chance after that. It takes practice and planning to
cut it that fine.

You won't know what this is going to go for until that end. There will
probably be 2-3 bids at least at the end that will decide it. Looking at
the bid history, you are in with some inexperienced folks so far. Just
hope a couple of them don't get in a bidding war and run it way up. All
you can do is watch and wait. Check the bid history from time to time to
see who you are competing with.

Good luck