Re: More on Marantz Recorders

Subject: Re: More on Marantz Recorders
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 01:51:47 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/02 12:40:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
 writes:

> . I'd
> be interested to know what the faults that occurred were, and to find out
> if they were related to environmental conditions.

The problem in Ecuador was that the machines just didn't stand up to the
rigors of the lowland rainforest. Most of the problems were with the 221
series, but even with my 222 the Fast Foreword and Reverse levers were flimsy
and the machine just did not seems to be durable..certainly nothing as
durable as the work horse TCM 5000.

Anyhow, this was a few years ago. Maybe things are better, but I could not
recommend the 222 for recording in the lowland rainforest. Possibly some of
the other recordists have had better experiences with the 222.

John

John V. Moore Nature recordings