Re: Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Subject: Re: Cool Edit Pro 2.0
From: "richpeet" <>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 13:21:39 -0000
The Noise Reduction portion is the same between the two. The new one
works no better and no worse.  I find I use it sometimes, and it
sounds like you too have a Love/Hate relationship with it.

There are three additional features within noise reduction area.
I don't recall which of these were separately available as a add ons
to Cool Edit 2000.

1. "Hiss filter" removes all sound below the scanned noise floor.
Seems that it is better to use a heavy hand with this feature than a
light hand. Still trying this out on reduction of the "wind in trees"
type noise as well as the "far away highway" noise. If I get it to
work well I will let you all know.

2 "Clip Restoration" designed to forgive all your recording sins and
fill in those flat top, cliped recordings and repair distortion.  I
have not played with this yet.  I will feed this to the wolves,
remember the wolves that went over the top of my me62's in a loud
howl? So I will have an opionion sometime later.

3. "Click/Pop eliminator" for eliminating pops from old phono records.