Re: shure matching transformer

Subject: Re: shure matching transformer
From: Desmond Allen <>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:46:14 +0900
Is anyone on the list a supplier of this Shure matching transformer
A96F? Or could anyone on the list suggest a supplier for this? The
Shure website lists two suppliers here in Japan. I have contacted
both of them and neither stocks this item. Emails to Shure
international remain unanswered.

[I had a very similar problem wiith the Jensen transformer - although
Jensen replied and gave me a contact for a Japanese importer - the
importer did not]

>Recordists who use a fancy mic with a consumer-grade minidisc or
>camcorder might be interested in the following matching transformer
>from Shure.  The cable includes female XLR and 3.5mm miniplug ends,
>plus a circuit that converts 150 or 600 ohm mic input to 2500 ohms.
>The result is reportedly a 6dB gain.  This product appears similar to
>the design Doug Von Gausig posted at
>http://www.naturesongs.com/nrfiles.html.
>
>The Shure matching transformer costs $54 plus shipping.  For details
>see http://www.shure.com/accessories/a96f.asp
A96F    $53.58  Transformer, Low Impedance Female XLR to Medium
Impedance Mini Plug on Attached 2-foot (0.6 m) Cable, DC Bias Filter

Many thanks
Des Allen

--
Desmond Allen