Re: Duck decoy

Subject: Re: Duck decoy
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:33:06 +0200
Perhaps I was the one telling it?

He is a film-maker, and this year (1988??) he was spending on making a film
about Loons. The problem was that the Loons were always too far out in the
lake and that waves made too much noise, using a parabol.
We made a wooden Loon, with built in electrets and a very long cable
floating on cork blocks.

Klas.

At 11:57 2002-04-30 +1000, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Does anyone recall a message posted earlier this year (I think), where
>someone had attached a microphone to a painted wooden duck, then launched it
>onto a lake, and all the other ducks (eider?) came over to chat (much to the
>delight of the sound recordist).  I've searched the archives but can't find
>the posting.
>
>Vicki Powys
>Australia

This outgoing e-mail is scanned for viruses with Norton 2002

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01
email: