Re: Tripod for the Outback?

Subject: Re: Tripod for the Outback?
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 14:40:01 -0500
I use a Manfrotto 2031N and really like it. I also use an old Bogen ball
head with a quick-release plate. I have quick-release plates mounted on my
parabola, shotgun mike setup, and my SASS, allowing for easy use with the
tripod.

For parabolic work, I strongly advise using a tripod whenever you're dealing
with birds that sing for awhile from a perch. I also recommend a ten foot
cable that will allow you stand back from the parabola, allowing you to
relax as the recording is being made.

Admittedly, a tripod is not a good choice when dealing with birds that move
about as they sing, flying to a new perch after each song.

Lang