Research Applications and access

Subject: Research Applications and access
From: "richpeet" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:42:31 -0000
I am going to try and be legal this spring. A novel concept.
I find my MN "police state" requires "Research Permits" for state
parks and even when granted, require all rules and regulations to be
followed.

All of my MN state parks are closed till after sunrise, which is to
late for me.

I will let you know as I attempt access permission for 3:00 a.m. for
this spring in all state parks for documentation of dawn chorus. I am
filling out the permit today.  It is required that they be applied
for 30 days in advance.

When I asked the feds about Wildlife Refuges I was told that each
local Refuge has to be requested individually for early and
unrestricted location access.  My goal is to cover a large number of
the NWR's and SP's that have enough land for this.

There may be a second reason I need a Ghille Suit.

Anybody have any luck in dealing with the US and its state
governments?