Re: Telinga focus

Subject: Re: Telinga focus
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 08:20:05 -0500
When recording with my  parabola on a tripod, I often use a 15' mike cable
that allows me to step back far enough so that the mike doesn't pick up my
breathing or other subtle sounds or movements I might make. This is
especially useful when I've just scurried through the woods to get close to
a bird. I can begin recording even though I'm still breathing heavily. When
I'm 15' behind the parabola, there's significant attenuation of all my
personal sounds.

Lang