mammals-aus

RFI Yeppoon

To: <>, <>
Subject: RFI Yeppoon
From: <>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 09:13:15 +0200
Hello John, hello Australia

There are plenty of mammals up arond Yepoon. When I was there in 2000 I saw Unadorned Rock Wallabies on Mount Jim Crow (half way up or so) and there were lots at the Caves NP (around the parking area at night). If you have some time then you might go and see Herberts Rock Wallabies around Westwood - I found a few on a rocky  hill on the road into Westwood - on the RHS as you are coming from Rocky (it was on private land and I cannot remember who the owner was). If you can get to Gladstone then there are Indopacific Humpbacked Dolphins in the harbour early in the morning. Is Taunton NP still closed to the public? If not, then head there for Bridled Nailtails, Blackstriped Wallabies and Rufous Bettongs.

I've been doing a few interesting things but not in Australia. I spent 3 weeks in Canada at the end of May - will be writing up a report this week for my website, but some pictures are here http://www.mammalwatching.com/Nearctic/yukonpics.html and http://www.mammalwatching.com/Nearctic/baffinpics.html  - 40 odd mammals including Polar Bears, Narwhals, Grizzlies.

I still haven't written up Australian notes for my website - www.mammalwatching.com -  It is stuck continually at the top of my to do list. But I have added quite a few trip reports from various people, so if anyone has Australian or overseas trip reports with a focus on mammals then please send them through and I will upload them.

cheers

Jon