canberrabirds

FW: A little local art exhibition for bird lovers

To: Canberrabirds list <>
Subject: FW: A little local art exhibition for bird lovers
From: "David McDonald (Personal) via Canberrabirds " <>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2026 02:11:39 +0000

Greetings. A neighbour of mine asked me to publicise this not-for-profit birds-themed art exhibition at Lyneham.
David

Another Wamboin lady, Lisa Stevenson, and I, along with our Canberra-based friend Amy Shanahan, are putting on an art exhibition, and I thought you and your bird-loving friends might be interested in knowing about it.

It is just a little exhibition at a cafe, but the works are full of love for birds both big and small, and Australian wildlife more broadly. There will be ceramic art as well as natural-fibre weaving.

I make Palm Cockatoo artworks and send all of the profits from them to the Palm Cockatoo Project, which works to protect nesting trees in Cape York. As you probably know, they had a world-first achievement earlier this year when a Palm Cockatoo fledgling successfully emerged from one of their artificial nests! The money I raise from my art gets sent straight to the project. So far this year, I have raised $1,950 from my art, and I won’t stop.

I have attached the advertising flyer. Would you please send it on to your fellow bird lovers in the area who might appreciate knowing that the exhibition is on?

Here are a couple of Instagram links showing some of the works I have made, as well as some photos of the amazing work the Palm Cockatoo Project has been doing recently (my account is Bandiwallabat Pottery):

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DbIejKuvPl8/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Da6UqtHTtfL/

Here is the Front Gallery & Cafe listing for the exhibition:

https://www.frontgallerycafe.com/exhibitions/field-notes-by-amy-shanahan-gabrielle-le-grand-and-lisa-stevenson

And here is the Eventbrite page if anyone would like tickets to the opening night:

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/field-notes-by-gabrielle-le-grand-amy-shanahan-and-lisa-stevenson-tickets-1995040619197

We would be delighted if you or any of your bird-loving friends wanted to come.

Warm regards,

Gabrielle Le Grand
Bandiwallabat Pottery


This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information. If you believe you have received this email or any of its contents in error, please notify me immediately by return email and destroy this email. Do not use, disseminate, forward, print or copy any contents of an email received in error.


Attachment:


Description: IMG_5588.jpeg

Attachment:


Description: IMG_5586.jpeg

Attachment: ATT00001.txt
Description: ATT00001.txt

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>
  • FW: A little local art exhibition for bird lovers, David McDonald (Personal) via Canberrabirds [canberrabirds-bounces@lists.canberrabirds.org.au] <=
Admin

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the Canberra Ornithologists Group mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the list contact David McDonald, list manager, phone (02) 6231 8904 or email . If you can not contact David McDonald e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU