Hi Philip,
I have seen Blue-faced Honeyeaters at Mawson, which is definitely the south side! I have two records in ebird for Mawson from 2022 and 2023, my only sightings in the ACT. I’m very familiar with them from having
lived in northern NSW and Queensland. I haven’t seen them since we moved to Kambah. I’ve also seen them in the NT.
Regards,
Rob
From: Canberrabirds [
On Behalf Of Philip Veerman via Canberrabirds
Sent: Tuesday, 24 March 2026 1:59 PM
To: 'CanberraBirds email list' <>
Subject: [Canberrabirds] Blue-faced Honeyeater at Stobie Place, Monash
A contact today told me about a Blue-faced Honeyeater at his home at Stobie Place, Monash. Last week (as in about 17 March). He puts out bread on a tray and he took photos of
the bird. I have the 2 photos copied to my phone. The identity is clear. It is shown with a Noisy Miner. Are there other records of the species having reached the south side of suburban Canberra?
Philip Veerman
This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information. If you believe you have received this email or any of its contents in error, please notify me immediately by return
email and destroy this email. Do not use, disseminate, forward, print or copy any contents of an email received in error.
|