canberrabirds

Eponyms: scouts despatched

To: Rob Geraghty <>
Subject: Eponyms: scouts despatched
From: Jenny Bell via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 06:58:27 +0000
No, not to erase the last 200 years, but to recognise what happened in that time.

On 2 Mar 2024, at 5:38 pm, Rob Geraghty via Canberrabirds <> wrote:

I hope we aren't all forced to change bird names to satisfy what as far as I can tell is a tiny minority of people with an agenda. I'm getting pretty tired of being told that everything about Australia after the arrival of Europeans is evil. ☹️ I'm not saying that there weren't atrocities in the process of colonisation, but there seems to be a push to erase the last 200 years of history.