canberrabirds

field trip change for 28 Jan

To: COG Chat <>
Subject: field trip change for 28 Jan
From: Sue Lashko via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 08:44:24 +0000
Good evening, members

The field trip for Sun 28 Jan has been changed to Two Sticks Road Brindabella NP.  Details are as follows:

Following recces in the first week of January, the location of this walk has been changed from Captain’s Flat/Tallaganda to Two Sticks Road in Brindabella NP. The main walk will be 5km return, from the Two Sticks Road and Blue Range Road intersection. There are some really good gullies, with drier ridgeline on one side towards the end. We saw Rufous Fantails, Superb Lyrebird, Spotted Quail-thrush and Cicadabird on our exploratory walk.

For those who are keen, after lunch we will drive another 3 km down the road to walk 2km return along the Baldy Range Trail to where it meets Swamp Creek. We had some different birds along here including Crescent Honeyeater, Grey Currawong and Satin Flycatcher.

Meet at the parking area down from the RSPCA in Kirkpatrick Street, Weston, for carpooling at 7:45am. Bring lunch in anticipation of a mid-afternoon return to Stromlo; also bring a hat, sunscreen, water and morning tea, and wear appropriate footwear and long trousers.

Register at  with your name, mobile number and name and number of an emergency contact, no later than Friday 26 January.

Degree of difficulty: All are well maintained fire trails, a little hilly with loose rocks underfoot in some sections.

End time (approx.):  2.00pm.

Numbers limited to 16.

Archer Callaway and Prue Watters 0414 357 456