canberrabirds

This morning

To: Canberra birds <>
Subject: This morning
From: shorty via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 02:37:56 +0000
Hi All,

At Jerra Wetlands this morning while searching for the hybrid, without luck I checked on the Tawny Frogmouth family. Both the adults and both young were in one of their usual roost trees but about 25 metres away there was another adult, I don't recall ever seeing 3 adults so close before.

A bit later on I was alerted to a Red-capped Robin calling and after tracking it down I thought a female but checking my photos it had a yellow gape and a slight tinge of red on it's breast so I would say a young male.

I also spotted a male Red-rumped Parrot at one of the nesting boxes in the swamp. After I took a couple of photos it hopped into the box and stayed there, maybe nesting in it?

There is always something of interest at the Wetlands.

Shorty