canberrabirds

Fwd: Identification please

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: Fwd: Identification please
From: Kim Farley via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:02:19 +0000
Dear Veronica
As you will have read, a couple of our local experts have identified your eggs! I thought I would write with a bit more information about White-browed Scrubwrens. You must have a nice shrubby garden, and perhaps you are near some natural bushland as Scrubwrens typically like dense and usually moist undergrowth in forests and woodlands.  They are very sweet like birds, brown as you say, but if you keep a look out you might see some pale white stripes on the face. If you have really sharp eyes you might also see a little black and white mark at the bend of the wing. They like to scold when people and other large creatures get too close, but can be quite confiding once they get used to you.  It is a shame they lost their nest this time around, but hopefully they will nest again in your garden.
All the best
Kim
Vice President, Canberra Birds