canberrabirds

Hybrid honeyeater question

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Hybrid honeyeater question
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 22:57:45 +0000

Has anyone seen the hybrid honeyeater at Jerra wetlands since 14 October?  That is 4 weeks ago, when it was recorded by Shorty and Sandra Henderson.  Please let me know when/if you come across it again.  Its return, if it does return, might not be until we see a replenishment of blossom growth, perhaps next year.

14 October recalls the Battle of Hastings during the Norman invasion of Britain.  There is another bird connection here because the famous tapestry that tells the story of the invasion has been found to contain more than 200 figures of birds. Many of these can be identified, but there are no honeyeaters, so far as I can see.