canberrabirds

Rare bird sightings on a not so easy access site

To: "" <>
Subject: Rare bird sightings on a not so easy access site
From: ben milbourne via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 12:20:22 +0000
Hi all,

I posted today, from the same spot, observation of red backed kingfisher and brown songlark.  As a result it's likely many will seek to visit for a squiz or photo.

Please note there is only one place to access the site, and it's a tight squeeze between fencelines, one of which is barbwired.  Please note this is the ONLY legit access point so as not to infringe into private lands. Easy walk once through it. BUT certainly not suited to many.

My concern is some may ignore it just for personal gain. Thus, I'm encouraging people to please be respectful even if that means missing the observation or shot.  Hopefully the birds may even have moved closer to the roadside which would be ideal for viewings.

I know you know this. So, I hope you read this as simply my remote attempt to ask for likeminded birders to please promote this to those who may not know or may not see it as important.

Sorry if I'm being preachy 🍻

Cheers and hope to see you soon

Ben