canberrabirds

RFI - Superb Parrots for Visitors

To: Tun Pin ONG <>
Subject: RFI - Superb Parrots for Visitors
From: Anthony Overs via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 01:03:27 +0000
Hi

I live in Hawker under a Superb Parrot flight path between a breeding area and
suburban feeding areas. Although the birds do stop occasionally at my home,
they are mostly just flying through. My observations show they stop to rest or
wait for others in a couple of large trees behind the houses at the edge of the
suburb just 150m away.
Get to the end of Dungowan St in Hawker, turn right and keep your eye on the
big trees.
Unmistakable in flight, fast, long tail, always beats pointed wings. Gruff call.
In the past 20 minutes since I have been typing this message while cooking an
early lunch on the barbecue on the back deck, I have seen a group of four and a
group of two flying into town low over my house.
Good luck.
Anthony