canberrabirds

Orroral Valley in Namadgi NP to reopen this Saturday 27 May

To: 'Canberra birds' <>
Subject: Orroral Valley in Namadgi NP to reopen this Saturday 27 May
From: Steve Read via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 06:56:06 +0000

Post on ACT Parks and Conservation Service Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/ACTParks/posts/pfbid0V4iSjwocz3Ys5tmT6dBi744CfF2sRAPN9qENmTUPYjfuWeTw2vpUE66aXwiaKLn3l

We are thrilled to announce that the Orroral Valley will reopen to vehicles this Saturday (27 May)! 🥳

The flood damaged crossing on Orroral Road has now been replaced, and our Namadgi Staff have been working with ACT Roads to undertake vital maintenance work throughout the valley.

👷From Saturday, you’ll once again have vehicle access to

🥪The Orroral River Picnic Area

🦆Nursery Swamp Walking Track

🏡Orroral Homestead carpark

🚀Orroral Tracking Station

⌛The Orroral Heritage Walk

🥾Granite Tors Walking Track

Please note that Orroral Campground will remain closed as we repair the toilets and amenities block. 🚽We will reopen the campground as soon as possible. (We’re as keen to see it reopened as you are!) 👍

⛔We’re currently conducting our vertebrate pest animal control program in the valley, so please don’t enter the area until the gates reopen on 8am Saturday. 📱In the meantime, you can start planning your Orroral adventure at https://www.parks.act.gov.au/find-a.../namadgi-national-park

Steve

Steve Read

m("gmail.com","steve.read123");">

0408 170915