canberrabirds

Scarlet robin(?)

To: 'Meke Kamps' <>, "" <>
Subject: Scarlet robin(?)
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 00:10:52 +0000
Meke,

Well it is hard to identify a bird on second hand brief reports but there is no
reason whatever to doubt that there can be a pair of Scarlet Robins at Mt
Stromlo. They are not rare, they are regulars in our area. I don't know what
you found on the COG website "in fact uncommon in the ACT" which is odd. I
found this: "Petroica boodang   The Scarlet Robin is the most common robin in
the woodlands around Canberra, and the most likely to be seen in gardens, as it
is […]"