canberrabirds

Kuringa Woodland Landcare community information event this Saturday 18 F

To: "" <>
Subject: Kuringa Woodland Landcare community information event this Saturday 18 Feb
From: Kuringa Landcare via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 04:21:12 +0000
Apologies, correction of typo: email to .  Thanks

On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 at 15:14, <> wrote:
Good afternoon

I am a co-convenor of an urban landcare group that has been caring for
the Kuringa Woodland for the last couple of years.

Kuringa Woodland is a roughly 5ha stretch of remnant Yellow Box and
Blakely’s Red Gum grassy woodland (meeting EPBC criteria) along Kuringa
Drive at the northern edge of Fraser and Spence in Belconnen.

The group commenced after a nature walk in October 2020 by Michael
Mulvaney, organised by Sarah Sharp and Rosemary Blemmings.  We operate
with the assistance of Ginninderra Catchment Group and under the
auspices of the TCCS Urban Parks and Places program.  Since 2020 we have
been working on annual and woody weeds, some plantings, and a tree
survey.  We have plans to continue the same and also for a rewilding
garden in a part of the woodland impacted by local unauthorised mowing.
You can find us at ginninderralandcare.org.au/kuringa-landcare or
www.facebook.com/kuringa.landcare and contact us at
.

This Saturday 18 February 2023 we are holding a community information
event at Rochford St Fraser from 9-11am - see https://fb.me/e/2EkHnGnea
.

I'm bringing this to your attention for a couple of reasons.  First, as
well as the local community, we would like to invite folks from other
environmental conservation groups to join us and to see the woodland.
Second, while we have Sarah Sharp available as an expert grassy woodland
ecologist to take people for a walk along the woodland, we don't have
anyone who is a true bird expert.  So, if there is anyone who knows
their woodland birds well (many of you I'm sure), or even better who
knows this particular spot, you would be most welcome to come and take a
specific bird walk at some point during the morning.  We will have some
tables and chairs, morning tea, display board and pamphlets (and
probably gazebos given the forecast!), so if COG would like to add
something to the displays or pamphlets you would also be most welcome to
do that.

There is no need to respond if you are interested in coming along
generally.  If you would like to get in touch about leading a walk, or
displays and pamphlets, please email .

Regards
Michael Stone
Co-convenor