canberrabirds

Bird behaviour

To: Alison <>
Subject: Bird behaviour
From: sandra henderson via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 10:10:25 +0000
Alison, a couple of years ago a cockatoo with severe beak and feather disease appeared in my area. Whenever it was on the powerlines where I could see it, it was constantly attacked by magpies, noisy miners etc. They were not concerned about non-diseased cockatoos. It seemed they saw it as something so different they were determined to chase it away. So maybe it's that the odd colouration just makes it "different" and not something the magpies want around. The very few times black cockies have landed near my house they are also harassed.
Sandra H