canberrabirds

ACT Environmentalist of the Year 2022

To: 'Canberra birds' <>
Subject: ACT Environmentalist of the Year 2022
From: Steve Read via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 11:51:23 +0000

Congratulations to COG’s own Jean Casburn, awarded the ACT Environmentalist of the Year by the ACT Conservation Council at their Spring Mingle last Friday – see two attached pictures, details in the Conservation Council Facebook post. Jean was given the award for her work highlighting the flora and fauna values of Bluett’s Block, the well-known birding site near to Mt Stromlo that still awaits formal ACT government protection.

I recall introducing Jean to Bluetts Block back in 2015, less than a week after I first birded there – here is our first eBird list from Bluetts.

Steve

Steve Read

m("gmail.com","steve.read123");">

0408 170915